Blueberry Muffins

This is a recipe that has evolved from one my grandmother had out of her Orowheat cookbook. This is really the only blueberry muffin recipe we’ve ever used, and we love it! We’ve made a gluten free version once or twice, but if we wrote that recipe down, it’s in a box deep in storage right now.
Anyway, I made them this morning to send with Papa when he goes to Basel to fetch my grandmother, uncle, aunt, and cousin from the airport. (They were vacationing in the Canary Islands this past week. We were jealous, but we’ve gotten over it now.) Of course I saved some for us, we’re going to have a yummy snack this afternoon!
DSCN5469
Blueberry Muffins
1 cup white flour
3/4 cup wheat flour (or white in a pinch) we use rice flour to make them gluten free
1/4 cup sugar
2 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 egg
3/4 cup milk
1/3 cup oil
1 cup blueberries

Mix flour, wheat flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt together in a bowl. Make a well in the center.
Combine egg, milk, and oil. Add all at once to dry ingredients (in the well of course!). Add blueberries and stir only until dry ingredients are moistened.
Fill muffin pans and bake at 400˚ F (or 204.4˚ C) for 25 minutes.

DSCN5470
Other news…

We’ve finished our fifth week of school, two more until fall vacation! We have some fun things planned for those two weeks, but I won’t tell now so it’ll be a surprise!

Last week, both secondary schools turned out into the countryside for the annual walk and picnic. We walked all morning (four hours with a twenty minute stop and several other little breaks to allow the rest of the class to catch up) and then finished with a picnic. Madame Marchand, my class (and art) teacher met us at the picnic spot (she didn’t walk because she pregnant!) and she brought her family along! She two of the cutest little boys I’ve ever seen! I know I say that often (okay, a lot!), but it’s quite true! Plus I think they live next to my uncle and aunt and cousin. Wouldn’t that be fun? I played frisbee with Tobias (5) and Collin (2) which was very fun and Tobias told me how to make a paper kangaroo! Or at least I think it was a kangaroo… Maybe it was an elephant. Anyway, cute little boys!

While building the freeway a few years ago (it’s still being built, and will be for the next several years – Swiss freeway building doesn’t really strike me as efficient), they discovered some dinosaur prints! So two weeks ago Papa, Mama, Julia, Ambrose, and Andre headed over to check them out! Unfortunately I was sick but we passed them on our big walk so I’ve seen a little. But here are the rest of the family being scientific!
IMG_0298
IMG_0303
IMG_0308
 IMG_0288

IMG_0309
Happy weekend!

Comments

Popular Posts