{It’s Fall! and other thoughts…}

{1}
The leaves are (finally) beginning to change color and fall from the trees. I love riding my bike through them, they make such a delightful, warm crackling sound.
It’s cold here, and every morning I bundle up to ride down the station. And every morning it’s just a little darker. I can’t wait until daylight savings!
I just finished cutting up some more of our apples (we have an abundant supply) to stick the the food dryer to make dried apples! I can’t wait! I especially love eating them in the winter around Christmas. Hopefully they’ll last that long…
Hmm… No fall pictures yet, I need to remedy that!

{2}
I made pizza with the boys the other night. Yum!
DSCN5765
In case you are wondering the fork I’m holding has an anchovy on the end of it. LBloves them. Crazy boy!
DSCN5779
{3}
About the couch…
We had lived too long without one! We has six rather interesting assorted chairs in our living room instead and none of them were very comfortable. Definitely not the kind of thing that you want to flop on when you wake up Saturday morning.
So last Thursday my parents went to IKEA to pick one out. They only barely fit all four boxes in the car. Well, strictly speaking one was on top but they arrived home with them all!
It’s very nice and has a pullout bit which converts it into a double bed for all the people that are coming to visit! And we definitely have some of those. We’re going to be busy this November! (Actually that’s the only time we have planned that anybody’s coming)

{4}
And the sewing machine! I am happy beyond all happiness!
Well, not really but I am quite happy.
We were planning to use my grandmother’s old one, which she hadn’t used in years and years and had been sitting in their attic. It’s an Elna too and the model is so old you can’t buy it anymore. My Grandfather sent the machine off to fix it (it wasn’t working) but apparently it was going to cost about CHF 350 (about $350) so they decided not to since that’s way way to expensive.
Sister and I were very, very sad (one year without a sewing machine?) but when we came home from school at lunch last Friday, there was a lovely, brand new sewing machine sitting on the table! hehe!
Papa had found a good deal on them so on the way to IKEA they stopped and got it. Yay!

{5}
Thank you for your prayers! Papa has found a very nice job and starts on Friday! (this is also the reason we got the couch and the sewing machine, we knew that we would have an income!)
He are really excited as this will be a new branch for him. Similar, but not all together the same as he was doing before.
Thank you again for praying!

{6}
Since two photos is not enough, here is a picture of the fresh strawberries from the garden that we had last week. Yum!
DSCN5747
Have a very lovely Wednesday friends!

Comments

  1. thats great! (job, couch, sewing machine, all that good stuff.) not to mention strawberries!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts