{i’m feeling miscellaneous again…}

{1}
WE’RE ON BREAK! And have been for the last three days. But today it actually feels like we are since normally we’d have gone to school today.
So to celebrate, we went to Bonfol for a nice walk around a very large pond.

Trailblazer, with his new cow backpack!

DSCN5919
Oh, I love that orange jacket! Mama’s looking pretty cute too.

DSCN5920
Sista and I have photography duels.

DSCN5939
Very pretty country side. I kept thinking that if I was a painter I would go there to paint.

DSCN5959
Here is one of the MANY specimens of mushrooms we saw. This one is officially called Coprinus comatus, but the world in general calls it Shaggy Mane, Shaggy Ink Cap, or Lawyer’s Wig. I like those names!
DSCN5972
Stalking the African plains…

DSCN5981
Jedi warriors. I guess LB was the evil one.

DSCN5985
Another mushroom. I think it’s Panaeolus foenisecii – (Lawn Mower’s Mushroom), or at least that’s what the internet told me. Does anybody else know?

DSCN5990
More pretty country side.
DSCN5999
In forests like this, I almost forgot we were in Switzerland, and imagined myself back in the Pacific Northwest. The forests are quite similar. Or at least the ones that have people who take care of them and clean them do. :)

DSCN5940

{2}

This past weekend my parents got away for a few days to relax while we stayed with my grandparents.
On Saturday we went to a nearby town who were having their city party.

DSCN5804

DSCN5814


{3}

Sunday, after going to mass (the first time this year) in the very beautiful church here in the village, we went on a walk to see the buffalo (long story, I’ll tell it sometime) and the fish in the pond.

Aren’t we cute?
(By the way, Sister hasn’t cut her hair short, that’s me. She had the camera at the time.)
DSCN5847
DSCN5876

DSCN5884 
DSCN5898 

DSCN5857

DSCN5905-1 
{5}

We’re leaving tomorrow for on a trip that we’ve been planning for a year and a half! Almost as long as we’ve been planning our move! Yeah, well, this trip was one of our first thoughts…

Anyway, guess where we’re going?

Sardinia!

My mom has a friend from high school who married an Italian and moved there. Now they have two kids who are mine and BB’s ages. It’ll be very nice to relax and not have to do anything.

We’re really excited (as you might imagine), except that Papa will not be going to with us as he has his new job.

I’ve checked to make sure that the battery charger for my camera will work with their outlets, and it will! So now I can go in peace, and not worry about my battery dying. :)

{6}

Well, I think that’s all the exciting news, so have a very nice Tuesday friends!

Comments

  1. Anonymous10/05/2010

    Lawyer's wig! What a perfect name!

    I got some lovely pictures of you in out "photography duel", you should post one under your Pathological Picture Taker sticker.

    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  2. buffalo!? sounds interesting...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm thinking about starting my own blog. Do you like the Google Blogger format? Like does it let you upload pics easily and it works well for you? Please let me know. Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts