do you remember summer?


Do you remember how we slept out in the orchard and watched the sunrise creep into the sky?
Or played hide-and-go-seek in the yard and ate too much candy from the drugstore?
Do you remember jumping in the lake at 1am?
And grilling hamburgers and playing soccer in the backyard?
And pounding nails into the roof?
Do you remember slurping bubble tea and throwing the Frisbee across the park?
Do you recall the kittens playing in the lilac trees or kayaking on the island?
Or filming and talking and eating chocolate and repeating it all about two hundred times?
Do you remember all the hugging we did?
The laughing and eating and just being silly together that we caught up on?
Do you remember all the chocolate peanut butter cups and Costco pizzas we ate? 
How many were there do you think?
Do you remember sailing on the Sound with the wind at our backs?
Do remember how beautiful and freeing and wonderful that felt?
Do you remember how we cried and smiled at being together again?
Do you remember running along the beach searching for the best place to build fairy houses?
Or washing dishes in the old blue kitchen?
Or playing foursquare on the side of the house?
Do you remember venturing into the dark basement to brave the bats and empty bottles?
Do you remember making music on the front porch?
Remember drinking lemonade in the shade?
Or dressing up in last year's costumes?
Do you remember it?
Do you remember summer?

We started school again today after a few weeks off. It's the last stretch until summer begins. I can't wait for more of all of this, and a whole bunch of other crazy wonderfulness besides. Excited is not strong enough a word.

Comments

  1. Beautiful post, Catrina :) I can't wait for summer, either. The weather has been so warm lately and I have a fan going in my room. At night, I leave the window open and I can hear the frogs and the creek gurgling. I ate ice cream for the first time today, and we're taking walks again. I'm enjoying myself ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was a beautiful post <3
    I am longing for summer to be "officially" here. It's so hard to keep working at school when it's warm outside.

    -Lydia

    P.S. Can someone please tell me what bubble tea is? I'm dying to know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bubble tea is kinda of like a fruit juice with little dark tapioca "bubbles" floating in it. Personally, I don't care for the bubbles, but I love the tea, and my friends all LOVE the bubbles, so I just give them to them. :)

      Delete
  3. I love you Marina. :) You are so adorable and I love this post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty! Those questions just made me sigh in anticipation!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was so good =D This is what I love about summer <3

    ~Molly~
    mollyslittlecorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the photo, perfectly timed, of all those nine swimmers jumping into the pool - perfectly lined up, all in sync - just amazing! Wonderful post, thank you for sharing the magic!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts