Sugar Cookies

For Valentine's Day this year, I made heart-shaped cookies. Without my Joy of Cooking book or our recipe notebook, I had to find a new recipe. I found one on Cooks.com and it turned out really well! My whole family loved them, so I am now going to share it with you. So here you go!

(sorry about the bad picture. long story)


Sugar Cookies

½ cup butter
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 Tablespoon milk
2 Teaspoons baking powder
2 cups rice four
1 Teaspoon vanilla

***********************

Cream together butter and sugar. Beat in eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition. Sift flour and baking powder.

Add half of the flour mixture, stir in milk and vanilla, then the remaining flour mixture. Mix only until combined.

Wrap mixture in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours or more before rolling out 1/4 inch thick on a lightly floured work surface. Cut into shapes.

Sprinkle with sugar, cinnamon sugar or grated nuts, if desired.

Bake in a preheated 375˚ oven for 10 to 15 minutes or until lightly golden on edges of cookies (depends on size). Decrease oven temperature if cookies are browning too quickly.

EAT!


Note: I doubled the recipe, and it gave me several dozen cookies, although I think that my cookies may have been a bit thin. The cookies puff up very nicely whilst cooking, so be sure not to place them too closely on the pan.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts