life goes on

It sure does. It's already been more than three weeks since school started up again after Easter break. Three weeks! Only six more to go. And actually, only four more in which we can have tests since we need to have our grades by the end of the year.

I think I have finally come to terms with school (after nine months) and really truly realized that's exactly where God wants me to be. Right here and nowhere else. Obviously, I super duper miss all my friends and wish myself back in Seattle, but at the same time, I'm really thankful that we've been here this year. I've grown so much in my relationship with God and my family, and I wouldn't trade it for anything.

Speaking of living in Switzerland, I think that now would be the time to tell those of you who don't know (which hopefully isn't any of you) our plans for next year. And even to those who do maybe I can shed more light on the subject and explain it all more.

Our plan is to stay for a second year.

I've had lots people ask what I feel about it, so I've had lots of opportunities to think about it. And so I shall elaborate.

I think, overall, that it will be very good and I'm exceeding glad we're staying. In part, because we'll be home schooling again (goodbye public school!) and we'll have lots more opportunities to explore and travel. Also in the line of schooling, we can go back to a more classical education. I am very much looking forward to reading real books and writing long papers and learning more history.

It will also give more time to grow together as a family and keep bearing the Light of Christ to my Dad's family at a closer range. (And plus, we'll be around my cousin longer! Yippee!)

Our French will, of course, improve as well. If not from being in school, we'll still be in contact with lots of French speaking people and we'll keep learning French at home.

There are lots of other reasons that I could think of but at the moment my brain is about burned out - too much thinking! But I would love to hear what y'all have to say on the subject.

And now, because I simply can't post a post without a picture....

Does he remind you of anybody?

As I wrap up could I ask you to pray for me tomorrow? I have a doctor's appointment concerning my health (right.... what else?). My mother suspects that I'm low on iron or thyroid or something like that. Most probably similar health problems to her's. Anyway, I would really appreciate your prayers. Thank you!

P.S. One of my grown-up-lady friends had her baby last week! Excitement galore! Her name is Annie Rose and she's absolutely adorable! Her Auntie Julie did a lovely post on her blog with pictures, go look at them and you too will fall in love!

P.P.S. I decided it was time for a Summer makeover. Do you like it?

Comments

Popular Posts