Venice

Today I finally went through my pictures of Venice, yeah.... after three weeks. Not that I took a gazillion, only about a hundred actually. But hey! now it's done... and I just have to do the rest of the trip.

Right, anyway, I went through them and now I'm going to share them with you! I couldn't decide which ones to share so... I'm just going to share them all!

We arrived in the evening and after depositing our luggage in the hotel room, we went in search of supper.

We also walked through St. Mark's square (which just happened to be two minutes from our hotel!).




 Also in the square was the Doge's Palace. The Bell Tower was there too but I don't seem to have a picture.


 The next day we went in search of the Rialto market. On the way, we stopped in a square and the boys took advantage of it to get out some wiggles.


Some pretty windows...


Wha'd'ya know? Amazon in Venice!


 Morning mail being delivered.


 Near the Rialto bridge.

At the market (all this food was "boated" in from the mainland).



Octopus anyone?


Mr. Adorable


A small Venetion alleyway (the table-y things on the left are walkways for when it floods).


Rooftop Garden.


 A small side canal.


The Grand Canal!


 The little canal on which out hotel looked out on - we had lots of gondola traffic.


Our hotel room(s). Recognize those boys?


The famous Bridge of Sighs. They must have been repairing part of the Doge's Palace because this whole bit of canal was covered in bright blue plastic.


After passing this dress oh-so-many times I had to have a picture. Can you imagine anyone actually wearing it?


 Ah for the deliciousness of Gelatos...


 We spent one afternoon on the Lido, an island forming part of the boundary between the lagoon where Venice sits and the Adriatic. It reminded me of Vashon and Whidbey and Seabrook and charming little seaside towns like that. I would much prefer living there than in Venice, if it came down to choosing. Cleaner, newer, and way more open.


The beach.






And, as the grand finale (HA!), me - in Venice- loving being next to the water - loving vacation - loving the warmth - loving being with my family.


What did you do for Spring Break?

Comments

  1. Anonymous5/16/2011

    Wow! That looks amazing! I think that it would be sooooo cool to go to a "famous" place like that (someday huh?)
    I went to Oregon for my spring break - doesn't that sound fun!? :-) (sure! even if not quite as much fun as Venice!)
    ~Rachel M.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5/18/2011

    Love the dress. I could totally wear that to prom... do you think I could find a bag to match? lol your trip looks like a lot of fun, glad you FINALLY got around to posting :)

    Alana R.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rachel : Oregon sounds super fun! I miss the West Coast. And anyway, if you're with family or friends it doesn't matter where you go!
    Alana : Thanks Alana, you're very sweet. And yeah, that dress is totally you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts