the last days

The past few days have filled with the busyness that only a pending five week absence can bring. Going through clothing, deciding what to bring, sorting suitcases (and that's saying something when you have twelve), cleaning, saying goodbye to grandparents and friends at church, finishing projects, putting away yard stuff, packing, talking with friends on the phone planning the next few weeks (Some of which were late late late a night for them! And it wasn't even me folks!), and just being excited in a general sort of way! We're told (and we know) that there are some fu-un things planned. I'll be sure to let you all know!

But today we leave. The suitcases are packed, the house is clean (more or less), the goodbyes are said, and we're off on an adventure. Much like last year, actually, except this time we know we'll be coming back, so the goodbyes aren't tearful. They're the I'll miss you while I'm gone, see you in a month! goodbyes.

This guy. I'll certainly miss him!

I'll certainly miss them, but honestly? My mind is busy thinking about all the hellos and I've missed you!s and Wow, you've grown! and I CAN'T BELIEVE I'M REALLY SEEING YOU IT'S BEEN WAY TOO LONG!s.

It's gonna be awesome.

Comments

Popular Posts