miscellaneaous ramblings

All the thoughts running around in my head are crying out to be heard, and yet they are not important or tangible enough for a post alone and sometimes miscellaneous is good so here I go!

As I type we are eagerly awaiting the arrival of some friends who have come all the way across the world to visit us. I can't wait to see their daughters' little blond heads and I know my brother is thrilled to have one of his best friends visit. They're one of the families who helped us with our move, even hosting a goodbye party for us days before we left. It will be good to hang out with an entire family who we know from the US.

//

Our raspberries are done. The bushes are no longer dotted with rosy pink berries, ready to pick and pop into one's mouth. Everything blossomed and came early this year thanks to our incredibly warm spring that has continued on into the summer. This was truly the year to live in Europe.


//

A few weeks back our village had it's annual party. Since the town is so small it really isn't much but I know that I spent a lot of time in the bumper cars. I was sure to hit all the neighbors, and all the kids I knew from school and the train. This picture is blurry but I love it because it captured the spirit of the evening.


//

In the past year I have rediscovered my love of violin. I have a wonderful teacher here and to me it feels like I've progressed in leaps and bounds. My ultimate dream is to play music with my friends and family and I'd love to eventually play in church, a rather odd goal since now I shy away from every opportunity to play in front of someone. I think I'm afraid that people will judge my from the way I play. But that fear is gradually getting better, which is good since my youth pastor heard that I play and I know he won't leave it be.


//

My camera is currently not working, every time I turn it on it says "lens error". I have no idea why it's not working and am praying that we'll be able to find the problem, especially with our trip to the States rapidly approaching. Meanwhile I've been praying about purchasing a DLSR and feel that maybe this is God telling me I should but it would still be several months before I could do that and so I'm still praying for an answer. Anyway, just saying that might affect the pictures on here since I will be using our family camera in the meantime and that's a bit more difficult since it's not solely mine.

//


The little things in life. Like fighting wars with your brothers and taking a moment to take pictures of them. After all, they're not going to be small forever.


//

This week I'm looking forward to relaxing with friends, working on a few craft projects, reading Start Here by Alex and Brett Harris (there's another advantage to having friends visit, they're our "middle man"), eating a little more chocolate, and dreaming about all the fun I'm going to have when we go home. What are you doing this week?

Comments

  1. Did you make younger brother #1 pose for the picture? He doesn't usually look like that when he waging war with you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts