home. a glimpse of what i've been up to

I cried. The whole half hour from the airport to our friends house and then some, I cried. It was a mixture of fatigue, relief, excitement, happiness and so many other things. I let the tears pour down my cheeks as we came back home.


Even if we may call Switzerland home, and it has become that in some ways, to me, Washington is still my true home. Or at any rate, my true home on this earth.


My uncle and aunt came and picked us up at the airport and it seemed... surreal. Even after meeting friends and eating supper it seemed like a dream. Not until the next morning did it really kick in that we were back.


We spent Saturday with my uncle and aunt, playing on the beach and eating barbecue in their back yard. Just like the "old days".  On Sunday we went to church. It was the most happy experience of all. As I walked into that building, my heart flew up and told me that this is where I truly belong. Almost all my church friends were able to come that day and I thank you guys for that. It was the icing on my cake.


Over the past two weeks we've seen so many people and we've still so many to see. It's been fun to see how much people have grown, and yet almost heartbreaking in a way, when I think of how much of their lives I've missed. I'm not the only one who has gone through changes this year.


I have determined to make a bigger effort this year in staying in touch with people. More email. More Facebook. More phone calls. More Skype. More snail mail. I simply can't bear the thought of losing contact with any of these amazing people. My friends have encouraged me so much this year and given me strength to carry on. Thank you. You truly are amazing.

Comments

Popular Posts