life of late

We're getting back into the hang of school, it's lovely to do history and English and writing for real again. And I really love math, truly. That's one thing I will forever thank last year for, teaching me to love math. I can even find reason to love geometry. So thanks Swiss public schools.



Our apple trees are in full production. There are four huge trees in the orchard out back and we've been picking like crazy. Last week we had 160 kilos pressed and now we have over 125 liters of apple juice. I'm looking forward to hot apple cider on cold winter evenings. Apple pies and crumbles have already made an appearance and it's a matter of time before we succumb to apples and caramel. Unlike plums or cherries I don't think I'll ever grow tired of apples, there's too many delicious ways to eat them.


I've been devouring books lately, not one is safe around here any more. I finished the Hunger Games, which I finished in under 24 hours. The happiest thing is knowing that I have the two sequels to continue on in right after. For school I'm reading the Confessions of St. Augustine and The Nine Tailors by Dorothy Sayers. I'm also in the middle of The Lord of the Rings, currently somewhere in the second half of The Two Towers. I left Frodo and Sam climbing the winding stair. I'm horrible when it comes to slow moving books. I've never even read The Secret Garden because I couldn't get past the first chapter.

Other than that we've Skyping people, chatting on Facebook, sending long emails and talking on the phone.  I'm so thankful that I'm living here now and not twenty years ago like my parents when all you had were letters and expensive phone calls. I wonder what will revolutionize the world in the next twenty years?

Have a wonderful weekend, Loulou and I are headed off on a youth retreat.

Much love,
catrina

Comments

  1. Lord of the Rings is so good! You can tell by my blog, haha. Everyone in my family has a LOTR name. It is kind of slow but you have to really get into it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya I totally love the lord of the rings! Have you seen the movies? My siblings and I are being characters from LOTR for halloween This year.
    Eowyn, what is you blog's name? I can tell I'd like it;) I'd love it if you stopped by mine, I posted pictures of my little sister abby's Rosie cotton costume! I'm actually bein eowyn myself! This is an awesome coincidence!
    Ellie
    bluejeansandteendreams.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts