christine's chocolate cake


We almost never use a different recipe, because we love this cake so much. It's moist, but not overly so and still has a deliciously crunchy crust. It's the recipe I always turn to when I'm in need of a chocolate fix... which tends to be a lot. So do yourself the favor of making this. You won't regret it. And I apologize for my somewhat vague American measurements. What can I say? Deciliters don't convert nicely. Just be careful and add more flour or cream if need be.


Christine's Chocolate Cake
250 g / 8.8 oz sugar
4 eggs
200 g / 8 oz chocolate powder
150 g / 6 oz flour (I use white rice flour to make it gluten-free)
1 tsp baking powder
2 dl / a bit less than 2 cups cream

Mix up all those ingredients together and pour 'em into a greased pan. Usually we use a Bundt pan but sometimes we just use a glass dish. Whatever works. Bake at 180C/350F for 40 to 60 minutes. We just sprinkle some powdered sugar on top but you could also frost it or eat it as is. Either way, enjoy!

Comments

  1. oooy yummmmmy!

    I stumbled upon your blog and just wanted to say hi!
    xoxoox,
    Aarean

    colorissue.blogspot.com

    (I am doing a great giveaway I think you'll like! SO come on over and visit!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omigosh, If I hadn't told myself to avoid chocolate this month, I'd make it right now. This seriously makes me regret no chocolate being part of my Acne be gone routine I'm writing and experimenting with.... urgh.


    but as soon as the month is up I'm trying this (if I can remember!!!!)

    ellie:)

    bluejeansandteendreams.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmm, chocolate. Looks delicious. And that's OK, I get the metric system (it's what they use where I live) mixed up sometimes. I'm learning, though ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooh yum! This looks perfectly delicious and moist. And I'm loving that plate in the last photo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh! Looks delicious! I love your blog name/design! Very Creative!

    -Carli

    reflectionsaphotographyblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts