ikea

There's something about that store. Maybe it's the florescent lighting or smell of furniture and candles. Whatever it is, I love it. I'll wander around the setup houses and rooms and peek in all the drawers and cabinets. Note a detail to look in to later, find a favorite color scheme; maybe I'm destined to be an interior designer. Then we sit down in the cafeteria and order a few plates of Swedish meatballs, one of my very favorite dishes, and drink lingonberry juice. After stuffing ourselves full, we head through housewares and clean a few rows. In the warehouse we pick up the unavoidable piece of furniture and check out, maybe throwing in a few bags of Swedish fish. At the end we get frozen yogurts and tiredly load our car, squeezing in the last few rolls of wrapping paper. And then we drive home, taking with us a cart full of goodies and ideas to inspire us until the next fix.

If you were to ask me what my favorite stores were, IKEA would be in the top five. Let's just put it down to my Swedish heritage, shall we?

Comments

  1. Oooh, I love IKEA too, though my parents just went without me { :( } and the last time I went was when I was like 7.

    But that's okay :)
    I still love IKEA :)

    I just found your blog, and I love it!


    ~Abi

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe I've never been to IKEA before--but from everything I've heard, it sounds pretty amazing. Can't wait to go sometime :)
    ~simi

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts