sunday walk


On Sunday afternoon the sun appeared and so we set forth on a walk up in the woods to a little tiny village up behind the hill. It was really gorgeous out, these days are the best October has to offer. From the top we could see for miles all the way to the mountains in France.


I can't say enough how much I love this time of year. The forest was ablaze with color and even though fall is when the earth winds down before going to sleep, it certainly doesn't mean it's not as full of life as spring or summer.


The village was darling. I think I'll be returning. And the church. The church was so pretty. Small and quaint. And it smelled just right (weird? yes. but that's just how I am.).


All in all it was glorious. Stunning countryside, beautiful weather, wonderful people, and chocolate. Sunday afternoons can't get much better than that.



Comments

  1. oh my word. how beautiful. thanks for sharing it with us. : )

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts