bernese oberland.

Last weekend, our church had it's annual weekend retreat, this year held in the Bernese Oberland in the heart of Switzerland. The location was simply amazing as I was reminded every morning waking up to the Jungfrau out my window. In the mornings we listened to our two guest speakers talk on the subject of prayer and worshiped together. The afternoons were spent hiking for the most of us, napping for the littles and games after we'd all returned. Our cooking staff was amazing and fed us all sorts of good food.




The hiking was, I do believe, my very favorite part. As a group of fifty of us, from grandparents with hiking sticks to babies in packs, wound up the mountain, some times on paved roads and sometimes on narrow rocky trails, it made my heart glad to think that we all belong to the family of God and that through that all of us are family. These people in front and behind me are my brothers and sisters. Of course I knew that before, but so often we need reminders. And boy, does it make me happy.






Comments

  1. Those pictures are gorgeous, Catrina!

    ellie

    bluejeansandteendreams.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. These photos are spellbinding! Lovely to have hopped by your blog today :)

    Greetings from a Norwegian girl

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a glorious view!
    Beautiful photos, Catrina. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love how i come to your blog and you always take me away to such pretty places! : ) gorgeous!

    happy thanksgiving, girlie!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts