the mountain road

Life is a small windy mountain road.
Not a highway.

I was listening to life is a highway today, and I thought.

We don't know where we're going.
We know that we want to get over the mountain.
But the road there?
We don't know.

Sometimes we go through dark tunnels.
Sometimes we go along beautiful vistas.
The road winds up ahead of us.

That's life people.

Not a long, straight, wide highway. Sure it goes fast sometimes, but have you ever seen some of those people driving on the mountain roads? It's exactly not what I'd call slow.

There are times in our life when we seem to be going through dark times and we can't get out of it. But then, (no pun intended) we begin to see the light at the end of the tunnel. Other times, we're flying high and life's beautiful. but we have to be careful all the same for the 200 meter drop to our side. 

And we don't know what's around the bend. That's why we have our GPS. The Bible. God. He knows exactly whats waiting around the corner. He knows. He'll lead. All we have to do is follow.

Don't get me wrong. I want to take the straight and narrow. The road that leads to heaven. But we're sinners, and life's not perfect. It's got kinks. And I can't tell what's on the other side, so I just follow.

Comments

  1. Beautiful post, Catrina. My life has been so uncertain lately. It feels like it's constantly changing, but one thing that stays the same is God's love. He's there with me during the darkest times, and I don't have to fight through it alone. That thought has gotten me through a lot of sleepless nights :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes! that is life. and our God carries through it all! beautiful words.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE this! Exactaly what I needed to read on this dreary Monday! XO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kerry R3/11/2012

    Wise beyond your years, sweet girl!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts