life with the snow.


It's still here. The temperature has dipped lower than I've ever known in my life, into the Fahrenheit negatives. It's also, I believe, one of the longest times snow has stuck to the ground. So we've been bundling well and continuing on with life as best we can. The first few days we tried to go sledding on the hill down the road but came running home before long due to the biting cold that stung our faces and froze our fingers. Just walking down to the swimming pool two blocks away gives me a red nose and icy cheeks. The deep cold and long lasting snow was unlooked for, spring seemed around the corner, we were all ready to say au revoir to winter but God had other plans. It's certainly the most wintery winter I've had in a long time, and despite being ready for some warmth, I'm learning to enjoy it and take it as it comes.

Comments

  1. I've always lived in cold places, so I'm used to long winters (two winters ago, it started snowing in October and didn't stop until late May!), but they can be miserable.

    By the way... where you live is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ena! This whole cold thing is brand new for me. I'm used to humid rainy winters.

      Delete
  2. i grew up in the mountains of California with loads of snow. i miss it. enjoy it for me, please? : ) gorgeous photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photos! I love that magical few hours where everything is still covered in snow.. so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great photos - they look amazing. Snow is great... until you have to travel anywhere! :-(

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've got snow!? We haven't had more than an inch (put together) all winter! I love pics 4 and 5!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ♥ this. especially the first picture. our winter has been amazingly warm, but i still cannot wait for spring.
    xoxo//simi

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the images! snow make everything look so different... and pretty of course :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts