crazy busy but good


This space has been rather quiet lately, and I apologize. But it isn't for lack of things to say, quite the contrary in fact. I've simply been too busy having fun and filling my heart to overflowing.

Some very dear friends of ours arrived two weeks ago and it's been so good and wonderful to have our two worlds collide a bit more. We've been feeding them chocolate and getting them hooked on Downtown Abbey. Good stuff I tell you. Then we took them to the Alps and let them cream us at Dutch Blitz and ate raclette and sang The Hills Are Alive and made popcorn without burning any. We came back and left two days later and went to Paris. And it was beautiful all over again. And there's a post coming with pictures.


Three days after we arrived back at home I went camping with my youth group and it was an amazing weekend full of basketball and soccer and volley ball, jumping into the lake (which everybody thought was positively freezing except for me. I think it must have something to do with coming from the Northwest and jumping in the ocean and lakes all the time), roasting meat and marshmallows over a huge bonfire, singing around said bonfire, running through the forest playing some of the most insane and most fun games ever, and getting to know and love these people more than ever I could have imagined. Coming back was hard, but I did it.


Which was good because tomorrow, I'm boarding a plane and flying home. Back to the ocean and bubble tea and going to the Island and sailing and eating peanut butter cups and all of this. But most of all, going back to my friends. My friends that, as I have made more friends this year, I have only come to miss and love more. My heart is torn in two, and part of me things it would just be easier to stay here, but in the end I'm beyond excited for this trip. Here's to this next chapter of the adventure!

Comments

  1. These are beautiful. The mountains are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh myyyyy, what a gorgeous place! And these pictures are just wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, what gorgeous country. Mountains are amazing

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts