home again


I've been sitting in front of the computer for a while now, turning over phrases in my mind. None of them work. I can't find the right words. How can you describe 48 hours in which you've seen family and friends for the first time in a year and undergone culture shock and come home all at once.You can't, really. All I can say is, I'm incredibly blessed and loved and I've been swept up in a wave of love and friendship from every side and been hugged more times than I can count and I love it. Truly.

I've adjusted rather easily to America again. Somehow it feels as if I should be having a harder time of it, but this place is ingrained so deep in my blood that coming back is simply right and it's coming home. It's where I belong, among other places. I grew up here, and despite the fact that I've since moved to rolling pasture land with cows and farms every place you look, I still love me some wide freeways and suburban cities and big packaging. Maybe in a few days, the extreme difference of the two cultures will hit me again, but it won't really matter. I'm back. And I'm crazy blessed.

Comments

Popular Posts