on patience


"Just wait," He tells me, "I've got this all under control. That thing called life? I know exactly where yours is going. I have great plans for you, you just have to be patient. I know you want to rush on to the next thing, I know waiting is hard, but my plans are to prosper you and not to harm you. Be patient, and I will make everything beautiful in its time."

I have a hard time with waiting. I am an impatient person. I pray for peace and strength in patience, and then turn around and worry because I think my life is crawling by and I am ready to hurry on with it. God has to continually remind me that He truly does have it all in His hands. He knows my dreams, and He knows what is best for me. As I grow up, I see more and more how He takes care of me every step of the way. From the teeny tiny things that, in the great grand scheme of things, probably don't matter, to the huge life-changing decisions that must be made, He knows them all and takes care of them all. Always. It's just that sometimes He says, "not yet." Not because He needs more time to work out the details, but because I need more time to grow before I am ready to go through that door, or to travel down that road. More time to grow closer to Him. 

I am learning patience, because He will make everything beautiful in its time. Ecclesiastes 3:11

Comments

  1. Pictures 1 & 4 are stunning. Looks like a beautiful movie set. And I love your posts brimming with faith and hope. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful, both photographs and words. :) I especially loved, "Not because He needs more time to work out the details, but because I need more time to grow before I am ready to go through that door, or to travel down that road. More time to grow closer to Him."
    That was so inspiring!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts