le camp de ski


We spent last week on the Mont Blanc Massif with our church youth group, skiing and snowshoeing and sledding and singing and learning together. A week on a mountain with my best friends? Favorite. We even taught them some folk dancing. Some of my favorite memories from camp are reeling down the line, and seeing my friends love it just as much as me. I have some of the sweetest, craziest people in my life. From racing down the slopes as fast as I possibly could (there are some people who cannot be allowed be first down the mountain) to the tow rope with the beginners to snowshoeing with Anna and my sister to the quiet day I spent almost alone in the chalet with the babies, I am filled with thankfulness for the seven days I was blessed with.

With the exception of a broken wrist (I've decided that maybe I do not need to try snowboarding after all) and one of my friends falling on his head in the ice rink and ending up in the ER and losing three hours worth of memory (he doesn't remember all the snowballs we threw onto his car, hehehe!), it was truly as wonderful as it could be. And even the accidents have purposes, some of which we understand and some of which we never will.

I'm so grateful for the wonderful people I have in my life here, and how deeply God has grown my roots. Already, I'm looking forward to next year, but in the meantime, how about a reel?

2012

Comments

Popular Posts