Provence and homesickness


From my perch on the shores of the Pacific, I'm soothing my aching, homesick heart with pictures from our Provence trip earlier this summer. Don't get me wrong, I'm so glad to be here. All the reunions have kept a perpetual smile on my face the past ten days. Being back is fabulous; coming home is always wonderful! I've missed people here so much, and I'm so incredibly thankful to be able to hug them again and laugh over old shared memories and trade stories. But that doesn't mean I can't be homesick and nostalgic for what we've traded in. Looking through these pictures brings to mind so many memories, and leaves a part of me wishing I could stay there forever and always live with the house three hundred years old eight minutes away or my grandparents within walking distance.

I have been so blessed in life; blessed with opportunities and friends. It's a hard way to live, split between two places--especially such distant places--but not in a million years would I change it. All of the people are deeply important to me, just as the ones over there are. I'm slowly and continually learning how to live with my heart in two places, but tonight I'm letting my mind fly across the ocean and live in the sunny, cobblestoned streets of southern France.

Comments

  1. i know the pain of a split heart. as you grow older and give your heart to more people and places, your heart will continue to divide. it's a beautiful thing :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts