hallelujah

This was the first New Year's in my memory when I have not looked back and wished I could live the year over again. This year has been an incredible blessing, and indeed, perhaps more wonderful than any other. I traveled much, formed, strengthened, and rediscovered friendships, started college, and learned more about God and myself. But hardships dug their heels in too. A few weeks before Christmas my grandmother went home to live with Jesus, and I learned what it is to lose someone. Several other people we know passed away suddenly in the past few months, and our loss of them has served as a sad reminder that our lives are shorter than we think. I spend so much time worrying about tomorrow, and it may not even come.

“Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble." (Matthew 6:34)

I hesitate to say that this year I have learned much about loving deeply or living more in the present than the past or future, because what I have heeded merely scratches the surface of what there is to learn. Nonetheless, I have learned something of them, and I pray that the new year will bring many more opportunities to love fully and to live richly in the present.

2013 was wonderful in many ways, yet very hard in many others. I do not regret its leaving. 2014 is a new year to live and love in. There is more I could say, but when I get down to the bones of it, there is really only one thing to say.

Hallelujah!

God lets me reside in the hope and the knowledge of the love that He has for me, my family, my friends, and all those who know Him. He will provide for us.



Go back, go back to the ancient paths,


lash your heart to the ancient mast,


and hold on, boy, whatever you do
to the hope that's taken hold of you.


and you'll find your way
you'll find your way.


If love is what you’re looking for,


the old roads lead to an open door,


and you’ll find your way
back home.



Andrew Peterson | You'll Find Your Way

Comments

  1. I'm so sorry to hear about your grandmother. I hope 2014 is a better year for you! I'm sure there are wonderful things in store. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully written and gorgeous pictures!!! What a wonderful way to look back over the year. :-)

    We're praying for you all...

    ~Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know this is a bit late, but I just wanted to say that I've been feeling the same way, and this was really encouraging. So thank you. =) Also, one of my favorite songs ever up there. (do you know about http://www.rabbitroom.com/ ?)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love your blog - it is so lovely. this post was so heartfelt. i hope that your 2014 year will be the best year yet.
    (p-s did you design your blog all by yourself? it's stunning)
    -lotus marina
    blog | tumblr

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, you are very kind! And yes, I did. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts