all is well here in the homeland


All is well here in the homeland. The weekend was peaceful. Spreads of good food over familiar tables with loving, teasing folks. Winning a game of Settlers of Catan (finally, finally! the standing is 8:1 now). Two friends who decided that the fact I did not know how to drive stick shift was unacceptable and spent an hour driving around a parking lot with me. Celebrating my cousin's birthday with extended family and long time friends. The almost Mr. & Mrs. waltzing in the kitchen.

This week I am interning at a home for mentally disabled adults in the village. I had no idea what to expect going in, only that I thought the whole week would be uncomfortable and awkward. It has been uncomfortable and awkward at times, but it has also been eye opening and enjoyable in ways I did not expect. Otherwise I have been doing schoolwork, stapling pennants on string for The Wedding, hanging out in the sauna, and reconnecting with friends. This weekend I'm spending two days with friends at their grandparent's home in the heart of France, and a large American brunch is in order. Off to read psychology. Happy Thursday!

Comments

Popular Posts