2015

A wee little recap of the past year as we approach the new one.


But I have trusted in your steadfast love;
my heart shall rejoice in your salvation.
I will sing to the LORD,
for He has dealt bountifully with me.

Psalm 13:5&6
January
After watching the first episode of the new Downton Abby season with my second family, I boarded a plane and flew to France. I moved in with one of our dear friends, snuggled my little cousins, and interned at a home for severely mentally disabled adults for a week.

February
Two of my dearest friends got married and we celebrated long into the early morning. My cousins took me to the mountains with them, and we played in the snow and sunshine all week long. I went into the heart of France with my heart family.

March
I fled to the mountains again, this time with my youth group, and was counselor and ski instructor for a glorious week. Then I flew back home to Seattle, where I finished out the quarter and drove to Boise at the last minute with an old friend to see if it might be the school of my dreams.

April
April is a blur, but I jumped into 19 credits at school and had to decide where I was going to spend the next three years of my life.

May
I took my first non babysitting job, enjoyed being with my family, itched for a new place and to make a new life for myself, and planted some dreams . This was also the month we gave my grandma her finally earthly resting place.


June
I graduated from high school, earned my Associates Degree, went camping with the best of folk, and spent a week serving on the Yakama Indian Reservation.

July
Spent two weeks with our French friends, and took them to the American Southwest and also to our favorite island.


August
I began the month going to New York, to visit one of my dearest friends, came home to get ready for school, and in the last days of the month my dad and I drove late into the night to move me to Idaho.

September
I made new friends, tried new things, lived on my own, looked for a church of my own, and drank more coffee than I ever had in my life.

October
Many friends and family came to visit in October. Only one weekend didn't have us eating with loved ones. I began learning how to love my new city, and found out that I was accepted to the nursing program, allowing for a few more years in the City of Trees.

November
I came home for the first time since leaving it, and celebrated my birthday as I practiced thanks giving.

December
The dreams I planted had to be said goodbye to, and I came home for Christmas, after a few short weeks spent celebrating the Advent season in Boise, and sharing a few long, important conversations with friends I cherish, both old and new.



I'm looking forward to all that God has in store for my loved ones and me in 2016, for the things I expect and for those that I don't, for the hard glory He is going to give us. May the name of the Lord be ever praised!

Comments

Popular Posts