still here

I don't really know what to write, except that I miss writing and I'm not ready to give up on this piece of internet yet. There is a whole lot of studying for pharmacology that I probably should be doing, but instead I'm sitting at the red counter at Flying M daydreaming. I'm five weeks into my second semester of school--the first of the nursing program here--and I'm busy keeping my head above water, but also being gifted little pieces of the kind of life I'm searching after. Writing great coherent and thoughtful things is beyond me just now, so here's a little glimpse of Idahoan life.


cross country skiing in the foothills of the Treasure Valley with people who I'm learning to know

plans and scouring airline sights

falling asleep on Saturday night in a bed on a floor of a house lived in by people I love

waking up the next morning with the ceiling of a real house above me

unasked-for hugs on days I need them most

listening for blood pressure

black coffee, $1.80

last minute conversations that last into the night

monday matinees at the rerun theater

thin mints in my freezer

hearts opening over and over across Starbucks tables

super-gluing broken glasses

live music downtown on Friday nights

a handful of kids who know me as Miss. Marina

bike lanes and bright flashing lights and icy streets

hammocks on warm February afternoons

borrowed clothing

walking into the city in the dark

Josh Garrel's Pandora station

sticks and water bottles

writing Valentines

eating dinner too late at night

papers and popcorn and stacks of flashcards

the slow shaping of a life

Comments

Popular Posts